Thread poster: SergiR
SergiR
SergiR  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:16
English to Spanish
Mar 20, 2013

Hi everybody,

When I try to open a termbase that I have created with the wizard, Multiterm does not respond. All I see is the name of the termbase at the top and its features on the "catalog", which probably means that the termbase is actually running, but no entries are displayed. However, I have no problem visualizing termbases from other sources, i.e. other than the ones I create myself.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

[Edited at 2013-03-20 1
... See more
Hi everybody,

When I try to open a termbase that I have created with the wizard, Multiterm does not respond. All I see is the name of the termbase at the top and its features on the "catalog", which probably means that the termbase is actually running, but no entries are displayed. However, I have no problem visualizing termbases from other sources, i.e. other than the ones I create myself.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

[Edited at 2013-03-20 18:33 GMT]
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:16
English to French
+ ...
Terms View Mar 20, 2013

What happens when you move to Terms View and click on Browse at the bottom of the LH pane?

SergiR
United States
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
No term list appears Mar 20, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:

What happens when you move to Terms View and click on Browse at the bottom of the LH pane?

Thank you for your answer,Bernard.

Nothing, no term appears on the pane. But if I click on "Termbase", the termbase´s name is up there, as if it was activated, even with the green tick showing it´s the default termbase.

Bernard Lieber
English to French
+ ...
Terms Mar 20, 2013

Have you entered or imported any terms into it? Sorry, for the stupid question but I'm just trying to figure out what is going on?

SergiR
United States
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
No imported terms yet, it´s a new termbase Mar 20, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:

Have you entered or imported any terms into it? Sorry, for the stupid question but I'm just trying to figure out what is going on?

No, not yet, I created the structure of the termbase but I still haven´t been able to enter any terms precisely because I can´t open it.

I read in some other forums that it may be a Java problem, but all this stuff is like Greek to me.

Thanks again!

Bernard Lieber
English to French
+ ...
Java Version Mar 20, 2013

1) Can you tell me whether your Java version was updated recently?

2) When opening your Termbase in Terms View, what happens if you press F3 (Add New Term) and/or click on the fourth icon on the toolbar

3) If you attach your TB to a project and highlight both the source and target term and hit Ctrl+F2 you should be able to enter them into your termbase

[Edited at 2013-03-20 21:03 GMT]

SergiR
United States
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Strange message when pressing f3 Mar 20, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:

2) When opening your Termbase in Terms View, what happens if you press F3 (Add New Term) and/or click on the fourth icon on the toolbar

3) If you attach your TB to a project and highlight both the source and target term and hit Ctrl+F2 you should be able to enter them into your termbase

1) Looking in Control Panel I see that it´s Java 17 Update 17 (I downloaded this version a few days ago)

2) If I press f3, which I tried yesterday, I get this message:

"Do you want to run this application?
An application located in your computer is requesting permission to run.

3) I´ve tried that but it doesn´t seem to work either.

I give up, probably the error is caused by some foolish thing I´m not aware of.

Thanks a million for your help, Bernard

SergiR
United States
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
"Problem" solved Mar 21, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:

Bernard, it was point 2) Until now I had been denying the application permission to run (no idea what it was, and when in doubt...). This time I accepted and the program responded.

Thank you very much for your help and your time.

Ekaterina Chashnikova
Ekaterina Chashnikova  Identity Verified
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
Same problem - found the solution at http://kb.sdl.com Mar 21, 2013

SergiR, I have just got the same problem in Multiterm 2009 SP3 and I've updated Java a few days ago as well.

Here is the solution from SDL: http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?ArticleId=4645&source=Article&c=12&cid=23#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4645
(Article 4645 if the link doesn't work).

They offer a few variants of how to
... See more
SergiR, I have just got the same problem in Multiterm 2009 SP3 and I've updated Java a few days ago as well.

Here is the solution from SDL: http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?ArticleId=4645&source=Article&c=12&cid=23#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4645
(Article 4645 if the link doesn't work).

They offer a few variants of how to deal with this and a quite simple explanation
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2009 SP3. Visualization problems when creating termbases

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »