https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/245569-accessing_server_tms_with_the_project_automation_api.html

Accessing server TMs with the Project Automation API
Thread poster: jnesbit
Mar 20, 2013

Hi, everybody. I'm having trouble getting information from our server admin for creating my first automation project using the Project Automation API. Seems like this should be a simple scrap of info to find, but no luck so far... When adding a server based translation memory there are three parameters required according to the documentation:

TranslationProviderConfiguration tmConfig = project.GetTranslationProviderConfiguration();
tmConfig.Entries.A... See more
Hi, everybody. I'm having trouble getting information from our server admin for creating my first automation project using the Project Automation API. Seems like this should be a simple scrap of info to find, but no luck so far... When adding a server based translation memory there are three parameters required according to the documentation:

TranslationProviderConfiguration tmConfig = project.GetTranslationProviderConfiguration();
tmConfig.Entries.Add
(
new TranslationProviderCascadeEntry
(
new TranslationProviderReference(new Uri(String.Format("{0}{1}/{2}", uri, path, tmname))), true, true, true, 0
)
);

For uri I'm using sdltm.http://SDLTMServerAddress and tmname will be the name of the desired translation memory... the question is what string is required for path? Is this something which is specified somewhere in the configuration for SDL TMS on the server side?

Finally, can anyone recommend any resources beyond the SDL Project Automation API for help in getting started with developing automation tools?

Thank you!
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:46
English
I'm just wondering... Mar 20, 2013

... why you don't use the OpenExchange Developers forum for this question. I could be wrong but I think you'll get more joy with a question like this in there.

Drop me an email if you need help with this.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Accessing server TMs with the Project Automation API

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »