Trados Studio Quick Start and support
Thread poster: annarigano

annarigano
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:26
English to Italian
+ ...
Mar 21, 2013

Hi everybody. I am going crazy. Bought new laptop with Windows 8 (already a catastrophe) plus Trados Studio. I can't handle the stress of learning both at the same time. Well I can but I need to know a few things. Like Where is the Quick Start which I supposedly bought? I paid 524£ and then I was completely abandoned. There isn't even a tel no. to call nor emails offering training. I believe that after spending such a sum the training should be FREE. So pls can somebody from SDL contact me as I need to ask several questions. I have not been able to work for 3 weeks now and I am panicking. Thanks for your support Anna

Anne Flaemig  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:26
English to German
+ ...
Support and Quick Start Mar 21, 2013

Hi Anna,

I am not from SDL, but would recommend you watch a couple of free video tutorials on YouTube. A good way to learn the basics: http://www.youtube.com/sdltrados

I suppose you must have an order confirmation for buying Studio - just reply to that mail and I am sure they will invite you to join Quick Start straight away.

Good luck,
Anne

Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:26
Finnish to French
SDL QuickStart Mar 21, 2013

annarigano wrote:
Like Where is the Quick Start which I supposedly bought?

You can find some more information about the QuickStart thingie in this thread. Note it's only going to last for 30 days (which they probably didn't tell you upfront).

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:26
English
QuickStart Mar 21, 2013

annarigano wrote:

Where is the Quick Start which I supposedly bought?

Hi Anna,

Drop me an email and I'll sort you out.

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio Quick Start and support

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search