Failed to save target content. (Studio 2009)
Thread poster: jacana54 (X)

jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 21, 2013

Hello,

I have to translate two related files which consist mainly of charts. Word document, small font so it all fits in.

After completing the first one, and having tried to use as few words as possible, I get:

"Failed to save the target content. pageitem start tag on line 4 does not match the end tag of "P". Line 31 position 572."

All the tags that I can see are correct and I don't know what position 572 means since there aren't that many segments.

Any ideas please as to how I can clean this file?

I believe that if I do the other one in MetaTexis (which is not my client's preferred software) I would probably have less problems, but in that case I would not benefit from repetions, and there isn't much time to spare.

I knew that this was going to happen! I always have problems with Studio when dealing with charts in Word! Silly me, I should not have used this tool.

Thanks very much in advance!

Lucía

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:04
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Some suggestions. Mar 21, 2013

Hi Lucia,
Golden rule number one: As soon as you open a file for translation in Studio, always save the target (shift+F12), before you start to translate.
If that works, then you know that any error messages when you save later are due to something you've done.

So, I would open the source file again (without pretranslating it with your TM) and try to save it. If you can't save the target like that, then try converting the Word file to doc or docx or rtf and try again.

If it's something you've done wrong, then F8 (verification) should point you in the right direction.
If not, check for any unusual symbols or super- or subscripts that might be causing problems.

HTH,
Emma

Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Emma Mar 21, 2013

you're wonderful! I'll try all of those and see how it goesicon_smile.gif
Thanks a million.

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 20:04
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Copy source segment to target Mar 21, 2013

and translate again without touching the tags.

Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Heinrich Mar 21, 2013

I didn't touch the tags. When a segment has tags I always do what you said: copy source to target and translate on tiptoes.

Thanks anyway!!!

Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Saved as doc Mar 21, 2013

and that allowed me to recover about 85% of the translation.

Then I filled in the other segments (which I believe showed more tags than I remembered seeing) and was finally able to clean the whole thing.

Thanks again, Emma!

icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Failed to save target content. (Studio 2009)

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search