Thread poster: Ana Vozone

Ana Vozone  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:13
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 21, 2013

Good afternoon.

I am translating a newsletter with mostly new text, and each time I open a new segment, the source segment is always hidden up on the page and I only see the target (empty) window, which means I have to scroll up the page a bit so that I see the source segment that I am supposed to translate.

I have tried different views (web, print, draft) and the problem remains. I tried to reduce the page size, and the problem remains.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!
Ana Vozone

felicij  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:13
German to Slovenian
+ ...
I guess Mar 21, 2013

you are referring to using Trados 2007 in a Word file. You must enable "show hidden text".
I don't know which Office version you are using, so you might want to search in the Help menu how to enable it.

Ana Vozone  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:13
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, but that was not the problem. Mar 21, 2013

Thank you for your suggestion, but it is not a matter of showing "hidden text".

What happens is when I open a new segment, instead of seeing a blue window window with the original text and a window beneath where I can write the translation, the blue window is there but never shows, and I have to scroll up to see it. I.e., the window where I write the translation is always at the top of the screen, and the blue window is above it, therefore I cannot see it.

I wish I could do a print screen to show you what I mean!

Many thanks again
Ana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Page NEVER showing both windows

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search