Thread poster: Ana Vozone

Ana Vozone  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:30
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 21, 2013

Good afternoon.

I am translating a newsletter with mostly new text, and each time I open a new segment, the source segment is always hidden up on the page and I only see the target (empty) window, which means I have to scroll up the page a bit so that I see the source segment that I am supposed to translate.

I have tried different views (web, print, draft) and the problem remains. I tried to reduce the page size, and the problem remains.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!
Ana Vozone

felicij  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:30
German to Slovenian
+ ...
I guess Mar 21, 2013

you are referring to using Trados 2007 in a Word file. You must enable "show hidden text".
I don't know which Office version you are using, so you might want to search in the Help menu how to enable it.

Ana Vozone  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:30
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, but that was not the problem. Mar 21, 2013

Thank you for your suggestion, but it is not a matter of showing "hidden text".

What happens is when I open a new segment, instead of seeing a blue window window with the original text and a window beneath where I can write the translation, the blue window is there but never shows, and I have to scroll up to see it. I.e., the window where I write the translation is always at the top of the screen, and the blue window is above it, therefore I cannot see it.

I wish I could do a print screen to show you what I mean!

Many thanks again
Ana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Page NEVER showing both windows

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search