Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:28
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Mar 22, 2013

G'day everyone

Something has happened to my TagEditor and I don't know how to fix it.

I have MS Word files in which some text is tw4winExternal, some text is tw4winInternal, and the rest of the text is supposed to be translatable. When I open these files in TagEditor and then do a pre-translate (source=target) using an empty TM, Trados places the tw4winExternal *inside* the segments as a tag. Huh??? This is not useful -- it basically adds a bunch of extra tags that I'm not going to move around anyway.

I checked that tw4winExternal and tw4winInternal are marked as "ex"and "in" in Workbench.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong here?

Thanks
Samuel

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:28
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Temporary fix Mar 22, 2013

Samuel Murray wrote:
When I open these files in TagEditor and then do a pre-translate (source=target) using an empty TM, Trados places the tw4winExternal *inside* the segments as a tag. Huh???

I found a temporary fix. If the translatable text is in the same font as the font that is specified in the style that it is in, then Trados places the tw4winExtrernal text inside the tag, but... if I change the font of the translatable text to something else (e.g. Courier), then Trados successfully separates the external text from the translatable text in the TagEditor file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor turns tw4winExternal text into internal tags

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search