Export entire Termbase to Excel or Word
Thread poster: Oliver Hartmann

Oliver Hartmann  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:18
English to German
Mar 22, 2013

Hi,

My client did ask me, if I could print out my termbase, which I created especially for him, or even save it as an Excel or Word file? I wouldn't mind doing that, but I seem to be able to print out only one term at a time, instead of the entire termbase. I was looking up older posts, where I found the exact same question, but the given solution doesn't seem to work with my software, as the old post was from 2007. Therefore I doubt that it applies to my software.
I'm working with Multiterm 2011, which didn't exist at the time.
Does anyone have a suggestion, please?

Thanks in advance.icon_smile.gif

Mark
Local time: 00:18
Italian to English
Catalog Mar 22, 2013

There seem to be various export options under the Export item of the termbase in the Catalog view.

Tab-delimited should do the trick for Excel.

[Edited at 2013-03-22 14:11 GMT]

United Kingdom
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted! Mar 22, 2013

Mark Dobson wrote:

There seem to be various export options under the Export item of the termbase in the Catalog view.

Tab-delimited should do the trick for Excel.

[Edited at 2013-03-22 14:11 GMT]

Thank you, Mark. I didn't look there, so it's my fault really. I've exported it to Word, which is actually very neat. Great advice, most appreciated.icon_smile.gif

Thank you!

Madeleine Chevassus  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:18
Member (2010)
English to French
look at SDL Open exchange Mar 22, 2013

hello,

have a look at SDL's open exchange, a set of (almost) free and very useful utilities for Trados and Studio.

http://www.translationzone.com/fr/openexchange/introduction/

I found there a utility program (glossary converter) enabling to create a termbase from an Excel file.

You'll probably find there a reverse utility program enabling to export a termbase into an Excel file.

I hope you find it

Madeleine

PS:

I checked: glossary converter turns termbases into excel glossaries and vice-versa:

go directly to http://www.translationzone.com/en/openexchange/AppDetails.aspx?appid=344

[Edited at 2013-03-22 21:17 GMT]

United Kingdom
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Valuable Info Mar 22, 2013

Thanks Madeleine, I will certainly look into it.icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export entire Termbase to Excel or Word

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search