Export entire Termbase to Excel or Word
Thread poster: Oliver Hartmann

Oliver Hartmann  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:26
English to German
Mar 22, 2013

Hi,

My client did ask me, if I could print out my termbase, which I created especially for him, or even save it as an Excel or Word file? I wouldn't mind doing that, but I seem to be able to print out only one term at a time, instead of the entire termbase. I was looking up older posts, where I found the exact same question, but the given solution doesn't seem to work with my software, as the old post was from 2007. Therefore I doubt that it applies to my software.
I'm working with Multiterm 2011, which didn't exist at the time.
Does anyone have a suggestion, please?

Thanks in advance.icon_smile.gif

Mark
Local time: 23:26
Italian to English
Catalog Mar 22, 2013

There seem to be various export options under the Export item of the termbase in the Catalog view.

Tab-delimited should do the trick for Excel.

[Edited at 2013-03-22 14:11 GMT]

United Kingdom
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted! Mar 22, 2013

Mark Dobson wrote:

There seem to be various export options under the Export item of the termbase in the Catalog view.

Tab-delimited should do the trick for Excel.

[Edited at 2013-03-22 14:11 GMT]

Thank you, Mark. I didn't look there, so it's my fault really. I've exported it to Word, which is actually very neat. Great advice, most appreciated.icon_smile.gif

Thank you!

Madeleine Chevassus  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:26
Member (2010)
English to French
look at SDL Open exchange Mar 22, 2013

hello,

have a look at SDL's open exchange, a set of (almost) free and very useful utilities for Trados and Studio.

http://www.translationzone.com/fr/openexchange/introduction/

I found there a utility program (glossary converter) enabling to create a termbase from an Excel file.

You'll probably find there a reverse utility program enabling to export a termbase into an Excel file.

I hope you find it

Madeleine

PS:

I checked: glossary converter turns termbases into excel glossaries and vice-versa:

go directly to http://www.translationzone.com/en/openexchange/AppDetails.aspx?appid=344

[Edited at 2013-03-22 21:17 GMT]

United Kingdom
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Valuable Info Mar 22, 2013

Thanks Madeleine, I will certainly look into it.icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export entire Termbase to Excel or Word

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search