Trados analysis says > 50% repetition but only few repetitions found during translation
Thread poster: Campman

Campman  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:57
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 22, 2013

The Trados analysis of the text I'm working on identified more then 50% repetitions.
Now I'm working on that text and I am wondering where & when these repetitions will show up. It is a very large text, > 30 K, but it does not look like there will be > 50% repetition.

Why segments identified as "repetition" in the Trados analysis don't show as repetition during translation?
I'm working in TagEditor, is that of any influence?

The file is a converted PDF file with the usual chaotic layout, its tidied up a bit but it still contains sentences cut in three segments, sudden breaks, changing fonts etc. So sentences that my human eye recognizes as matches (the words are the same), are not recognized by Trados as matches because of the layout differences, or simply because they have been cut in three or more segments.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados analysis says > 50% repetition but only few repetitions found during translation

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search