Error Message in Word 2007 after MultiTerm update
Thread poster: Henrik Pipoyan

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:48
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
Mar 23, 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I installed SDL MultiTerm 2011 SP2, and as soon as I launched the program it suggested an update, which I accepted and installed. After that when I launch Word 2007, it gives an error message "Microsoft Forms: Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine". When Word is loaded and I just open another file, it doesn't give this error message, so probably this is a reference to some object that is missing when Word is launched. Does anyone know what this could mean and how to fix this problem?

Thank you.

[Edited at 2013-03-23 08:54 GMT]

daria fedele  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 23:48
Member (2008)
English to Italian
+ ...
....the same Mar 23, 2013

I have the identic problem.
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/cannotloadobject.htm
http://www.msofficeforums.com/word/14641-error-message-could-not-load-object.html
since I not be able to understand them, I posted my problem in a office forum and
yet I am waiting for an answer.

The office forum answered me:
https://www.google.it/#hl=it&gs_rn=3&gs_ri=psy-ab&cp=6&gs_id=31&xhr=t&q=word%20trados%20genera%20errore&es_nrs=true&pf=p&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&oq=word%20trados%20genera%20errore&gs_l=&pbx=1&fp=1&biw=1072&bih=883&bs=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&cad=b

[Modificato alle 2013-03-23 08:51 GMT]

this is the SDL solution!!!!!
Please find below the solution I just received from SDL:

1. Please browse to this location

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP Windows Vista/7: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP

2. Please ensure that Word is closed and try deleting MultiTerm templates .
3. Delete the template and please restart Word.

So we cannot use multiterm within word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Modificato alle 2013-03-23 09:09 GMT]

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:48
English to French
+ ...
Mscomctl.ocx Mar 23, 2013

I think this issue is related to a MS security update and not to Multiterm. It's working fine on my system.
Try the following:

regsvr32 /u mscomctl.ocx - to unregister it then
regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx to re-register it

Run as Administrator

HTH,

Bernard

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:48
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 23, 2013

Thank you, Daria, this solved the problem. I think they'll fix this sometime in the future, but in fact I don't really need MultiTurm in Word. When installing MultiTurm I even wanted to uncheck this option, then I thought it might be something helpful and decided to install.

I didn't try Bernard's solution, maybe it will work, but I'd better use Word without it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error Message in Word 2007 after MultiTerm update

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search