Trados for MacBook
Thread poster: __kropek__

__kropek__
Poland
Local time: 10:46
Polish to English
Mar 23, 2013

Hello All,
I just wanted to ask my colleagues whether they have any official/unofficial information about any pending works regarding establishing the Trados software to be compatible with Apple products without having to use any parallel software, etc.?
I am at the spur of buying a new laptop, and due to frequent travels I need something robust, light, and reliable -> first choice is Macbook Air. Yet, as I have been working with Trados for over 5 years I am not willing to change the softwareicon_smile.gif
If you have any information on this, please share!
Best
Magda

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:46
Member (2013)
German to English
Virtual solution Mar 25, 2013

I suspect your only options would be dual-booting (i.e. having Mac OS and Windows installed) or to use a virtual machine from within the Mac environment.

As far as I know, most of the top virtualisation programs, e.g. VirtualBox or VMware, offer "seamless integration" of the workspaces which allows you to run both systems simultaneously (i.e. with your Mac taskbar across the top of the screen and your Windows taskbar along the bottom).

Maybe that helps.

Angela Dickson  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:46
French to English
+ ...
Why not? Mar 25, 2013

__kropek__ wrote:
...without having to use any parallel software, etc.?

I use a Mac desktop and run Trados and other Windows programs using Parallels, and it works very well. If you're not prepared to use a solution like that, I'm not sure what to suggest... I don't think there's any way of running Windows programs without Windows, and as far as I know there are no plans to release a Mac version of Trados.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados for MacBook

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search