Studio 2011: How to rearrange the panes and make them "non-floating" in the new position?
Thread poster: Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 09:29
Member (2008)
English to Czech
Mar 23, 2013

Hello,

Somehow I already had this setup, but now I cannot find out how I achieved it when I want to use it again. What I'd need: With default windows layout, all the panes (TM, Concordance, Term Recognition etc.) are firmly fixed at the top of the Editor window (above the segments).

I can reposition them with the floating mode, but when I e.g. move them to the bottom of the screen, they do not "connect" to the border of the screen, but remain floating. That means that some segments are hidden behind them then.

How do I achieve having the panes "glued" to the bottom border of the screen rather than to the top one?

Also, is there any way to make the translation pane (the section with target+source segments) itself floating?

Thank you!

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Placeholders Mar 23, 2013

You can use the placeholders as described in a blog post I wrote:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2012/12/06/more-display/

I don't think you can float the target/source segments themselves.

HTH,
Emma

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Mar 23, 2013

Great, with this now I realized (again) that I have to move the cursor onto the required arrow in the small "screen grid" while the mouse button is pressed in drag-and-drop mode. Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: How to rearrange the panes and make them "non-floating" in the new position?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search