Thread poster: Veronika Huber

Veronika Huber
France
Local time: 17:52
French to German
+ ...
Mar 23, 2013

Hello,

I’m still a very basic user of 2011 and hope that you’ll be able to help me out.

I have created a new project with two files (INX files). I have translated the first file and validated it. The second file has many similarities with the first, so I expected to get 100% matches when translating it. But not only are there none, the similarities don’t even show up when I do a F3 search...

I have pre-translated the second file again, but the translations from the first file still don't appear

Also, the Apply PerfectMatch line under Batch tasks.

Why isn’t the translated text automatically integrated into the TM? Are there any settings I need to check?

Thank you for you help!

[Bearbeitet am 2013-03-23 17:09 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Troubleshooting guide Mar 23, 2013

I'd recommend running through the points in my troubleshooting guide on updating TMs:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2013/02/27/update-tm/

Hope you find the answer to your problem there!

Kristian Andersson  Identity Verified
English to Swedish
update Mar 23, 2013

Have you selected that the specified TM should be updated when you translate? You do that in the project settings.

Veronika Huber
France
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Mar 23, 2013

Thank you both, problem solved!

Emma, your blog was and will be very helpful in the future - finally some simple, step-by-step explanations! I can only recommend it to basic users of Studio 2011

The update box had disappeared (as you suggested in your blog), so I changed the fonts and could tick it.
Then Updating the Main Translation Memories with the first file did the trick.

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translated text does not appear in TM - SDL Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search