https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/245972-multiterm_2011_catalog_options_are_grayed_out.html

Multiterm 2011: catalog options are grayed out
Thread poster: Expialidocio (X)
Expialidocio (X)
Expialidocio (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:26
French to English
+ ...
Mar 26, 2013

Hi,

I have the same problem that was discussed here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/218057-multiterm_2009:_exporting_termbases.html

I'm using Multiterm 2011. I reinstalled the program, which worked for the last poster in 2009, but it didn't work for me. This is what I see:

(In the second image, all the options are grayed out. This may not be easy to see in the screenshot.)

All I want to do is import an Excel glossary into my existing termbase. I already converted it using MultitermConvert. Is this a bug? Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Version Mar 26, 2013

Hi Amanda,

What's your version of Multiterm should be SP2 9.2.361.0? Same thing what is your version of Java? Obviously, the tree structure seems to be missing in your screenshots.

Expialidocio (X)
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No changes Mar 27, 2013

Hi Bernard,

Thanks a lot for your reply. My Multiterm version is indeed SP2 9.2.361.0. My Java browser plugin was outdated (version 6, update 24), so I updated it to the most recent version (version 7, update 17) but there were no changes in Multiterm after restarting.

I then found the page below with recommendations NOT to update Java above version 6, update 14, but the discussion revolves around Multiterm 2007. Surely the same problem has not gone untreated all the wa
... See more
Hi Bernard,

Thanks a lot for your reply. My Multiterm version is indeed SP2 9.2.361.0. My Java browser plugin was outdated (version 6, update 24), so I updated it to the most recent version (version 7, update 17) but there were no changes in Multiterm after restarting.

I then found the page below with recommendations NOT to update Java above version 6, update 14, but the discussion revolves around Multiterm 2007. Surely the same problem has not gone untreated all the way to Multiterm 2011?

http://wiki.proz.com/wiki/index.php/SDL_Trados_Studio:_Technical_issues

I haven't found a download for Java version 6 update 14 to try this out.

Any other pointers?

Thanks again.
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
English to French
+ ...
Repair Mar 27, 2013

I've got the same setup - Multiterm version and Java 6 24 - and it's working fine. I'd try -> Control Panel -> right-click -> Repair.

Expialidocio (X)
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How? Mar 27, 2013

Bernard Lieber wrote:

I've got the same setup - Multiterm version and Java 6 24 - and it's working fine. I'd try -> Control Panel -> right-click -> Repair.

Would it be possible to elaborate? When I right-click either on the Control Panel itself or on an item within the Control Panel (such as Java), "Repair" is not in the list of options I see (I'm in Windows 7). I ran "Check for performance issues" but it found nothing.

Thank you

Bernard Lieber
English to French
+ ...
Win 7 Mar 27, 2013

Click on Uninstall or Modify a Program, select Multiterm 2011, right-click -> Uninstall/Repair

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Reset Window Layout Mar 27, 2013

Hi Amanda

Can you try to first to reset the window layout?

Click on View > Reset Window Layout

Then when you go to the Catalog view (if you are not already in that view) you will see your termbase on the left-hand side.

There you find also the tree structure under the termbase name where you can use all the options for import, export etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Richard

Expialidocio (X)
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 27, 2013

Thanks to both of you. Resetting the window layout solved the problem. Everything is working smoothly now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2011: catalog options are grayed out

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »