Thread poster: Teresa Bento

Teresa Bento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:12
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 29, 2013

Hi everyone,

I have been working with this version of Trados for a while (SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP2 9.1.1264.0)
and I hadn't experienced any problems until one of my clients asked me to work on a project which included a translation package.
When trying to open the package, I received an error message:

"The package or project cannot be opened because it contains a newer version of the project format 3.1.0.0 not supported by your version of SDL Trados Studio. Please update to the latest SDL Trados Studio release to open this package or project."

The client was kind enough to offer me some help, advising me to "download the free sp3 update that should be available in your account. This should solve some of the compatibility issues."

However, when I log in to my account, I am unable to find the mentioned sp3 update.

Can anybody help?

I was allowed to proceed with my translation work without using the required package, but I fear I may not have the same luck if this keeps on happening. I would be extremely grateful if you could give a hand in order to solve this mess.

Thanks in advance,

Teresa

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:12
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Studio 2009 SP3 Mar 29, 2013

Studio 2009 opens packages created in Studio 2009 (but if you have SP2 and your agency has SP3 there may be problems) and it also opens also packages created in Studio 2011 specifically to be opened in 2009.

So, you need to have SP3, and if your agency is running Studio 2011, it has to use the second option above.

To update your Studio 2009 to SP3, open the program and go to Help> Check for updates. You should also be able to find it if you go to My Account on the SDL website and click on "My Downloads".

HTH,
Emma

Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That doesn't work Mar 30, 2013

Hi Emma,

Many thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I have tried both options and I am still unable to find / download any updates.
The list in my account does not seem to have the sp3 update and the "check for updates" option is also ineffective.
Odd, isn't it?

[Edited at 2013-03-30 13:09 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:12
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Submit support request Mar 30, 2013

Yes, it's very odd. You'll need to log a support request by going to the solution finder at http://kb.sdl.com/ Browse to "I am sure the software is not present in any of my accounts" as shown below. Support for downloading and licensing issues is free for all users, by the way.

Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved! Apr 2, 2013

At last, I was able to download SP3 and open the packages!
Many thanks for your help, Emma!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 doesn't open tm packages

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search