Problem with .ldb in SDLX
Thread poster: Jean-Paul Salaün (X)
Jean-Paul Salaün (X)
Jean-Paul Salaün (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:40
English to French
Mar 29, 2013

I do not work generally with sdlx but one client wanted me to use it.
The 2 first time i didnt have any problem then onb the third one each time i tried to use it, the TM vas locked by a .ldb even though i am the only user of it on my PC

The .ldb file extension is used by the Microsoft Access database application to prevent files from being edited by two people at the same time. If a file is open by more than one user on a multi-user database and both users try to make change
... See more
I do not work generally with sdlx but one client wanted me to use it.
The 2 first time i didnt have any problem then onb the third one each time i tried to use it, the TM vas locked by a .ldb even though i am the only user of it on my PC

The .ldb file extension is used by the Microsoft Access database application to prevent files from being edited by two people at the same time. If a file is open by more than one user on a multi-user database and both users try to make changes to the file at the same time, it could result in a corruption of the file and a loss of data. The LDB file prevents this from happening by locking the file when one user already has it open.

Later on, i align a bilingual file. It worked but when i try to export it to a TM a .ldb appears. and the export did not succeed.

The .ldb desappears when i close SDLX

What could i do so it will not appear again.
Collapse

Jean-Paul Salaün (X)
Jean-Paul Salaün (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:40
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Problem with .ldb in SDLX Apr 3, 2013

Apparently, nobody did ever had this problem as i had no answer on it.
Did anybody read my request"
I do not know what to do.

HELP

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with .ldb in SDLX

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »