Freezing numbers in a TU
Thread poster: Henrik Pipoyan

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:07
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
Apr 1, 2013

Dear Colleagues,

Is there a way to instruct SDL Trados Studio 2011 to treat numbers as text in some cases, while in other cases continue treating them as numbers? For example, sometimes when in the source language we have a cardinal number, in the target I use an ordinal number. Ordinal numbers have different endings for different numbers, e.g., 1st, 2nd, 3rd. When in such cases the TM saves the phrase, in another place it translates the same phrase with a different number but keeps the same ending, and I get something like 1st, 2st, 3st, etc. Can I somehow "freeze" the number in such sentences, that the program knows in this particular translation unit the number cannot be replaced with another number?

Thank you for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Freezing numbers in a TU

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search