Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 21:06
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Apr 3, 2013

Is it possible to make changes to the settings that would apply every time a new project is opened? I would like to have in Search 75 % instead of 50 %, which delivers complete nonsense matches.
Another subject I was wondering about: When can I "glue" files into one? When I open a project I do not see this choice.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:06
English
Yes... Apr 3, 2013

... make the changes in the Tools -> Options and then every Project will adopt the settings from there. If you change them in the project Settings they are only unique to that particular project.

You could also create project templates with different settings for different types of projects, or different clients, and then simply select the appropriate template when you created a project.

Regards

Paul

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 21:06
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I did obviously Apr 3, 2013

Under Options I have set 75%, but the projects always turn up with 50%. Probably because they come from Worldserver?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:06
English
That would be it... Apr 3, 2013

... you didn't mention that you were opening a package. This is essentially a zipped up version of a Project someone has already created so the settings are already defined that they used, or wanted you to use.

The advice I gave previously would only be relevant to your own Projects and not to ones created by others.

On your merging files (glueing them)... this is not possible within an existing Project. But it will be soon.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to make settings stick?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »