Trados 2007 Freelance with Word 2007 - can't open segments
Thread poster: Jenny Duthie

Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:36
French to English
Apr 3, 2013

I'm working on a large Word document with Trados 2007 workbench, all has been going fine but suddenly none of the segments will open - I've tried rebooting Trados, Word, and finally the entire computer (I also tried "recover document" in Trados which usually fixes this kind of problem but it's not helping either) When I try to open any segment - either already translated, or a new, untranslated one, nothing happens, there's no notification from Trados as to what's causing the problem. The document has a lot of tables but there have been no problems and I'm on the last 10 pages - very frustrating. Any suggestions, please?

Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:36
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Fix Document button does not solve the problem - a TU is open but I can't see it Apr 3, 2013

Jenny Duthie wrote:

I'm working on a large Word document with Trados 2007 workbench, all has been going fine but suddenly none of the segments will open - I've tried rebooting Trados, Word, and finally the entire computer (I also tried "recover document" in Trados which usually fixes this kind of problem but it's not helping either) When I try to open any segment - either already translated, or a new, untranslated one, nothing happens, there's no notification from Trados as to what's causing the problem. The document has a lot of tables but there have been no problems and I'm on the last 10 pages - very frustrating. Any suggestions, please?

NB When I tried to close the Word document it says "this command is not available because a translation unit is open", but I can't find any open TUs, and the "Fix Document" button has not done the trick, as it usually does.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 Freelance with Word 2007 - can't open segments

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search