Trados 2007 Freelance with Word 2007 - can't open segments
Thread poster: Jenny Duthie

Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:52
French to English
Apr 3, 2013

I'm working on a large Word document with Trados 2007 workbench, all has been going fine but suddenly none of the segments will open - I've tried rebooting Trados, Word, and finally the entire computer (I also tried "recover document" in Trados which usually fixes this kind of problem but it's not helping either) When I try to open any segment - either already translated, or a new, untranslated one, nothing happens, there's no notification from Trados as to what's causing the problem. The document has a lot of tables but there have been no problems and I'm on the last 10 pages - very frustrating. Any suggestions, please?

Jenny Duthie  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:52
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Fix Document button does not solve the problem - a TU is open but I can't see it Apr 3, 2013

Jenny Duthie wrote:

I'm working on a large Word document with Trados 2007 workbench, all has been going fine but suddenly none of the segments will open - I've tried rebooting Trados, Word, and finally the entire computer (I also tried "recover document" in Trados which usually fixes this kind of problem but it's not helping either) When I try to open any segment - either already translated, or a new, untranslated one, nothing happens, there's no notification from Trados as to what's causing the problem. The document has a lot of tables but there have been no problems and I'm on the last 10 pages - very frustrating. Any suggestions, please?

NB When I tried to close the Word document it says "this command is not available because a translation unit is open", but I can't find any open TUs, and the "Fix Document" button has not done the trick, as it usually does.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 Freelance with Word 2007 - can't open segments

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search