Problems with deactivation of Studio 2011 license
Thread poster: m_b (X)

m_b (X)
Local time: 01:13
English to German
+ ...
Apr 4, 2013

Hi!

Yesterday, my computer broke down and can now only be started in the safe mode. I will have to reinstall my operating system (Windows 7) and now, I want to deactivate my Trados Studio 2011 license in order to reinstall Trados after reinstalling Windows. The problem is that I was not able to create an offline deactivation certificate. It simply did not work. And now when I try to open Trados, an error message appears: SDL Desktop Platform Services ILicensing Service could not be started.

Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Thanks for your help!

Margarita

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Solution Finder Apr 4, 2013

If you can't deactivate your licence offline, try the Solution Finder:

http://kb.sdl.com/?tab=sf#tab:SFTab:crumb:0

Navigate through the tree on the left until you find a solution or are presented with a form to fill in so that SDL can get back to you.

Best,

G.

m_b (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Apr 4, 2013

I've just filled in a form to get my license reset.

If anyone else is interested, here's how to get to the correct form:

Knowledge Base - "Solution Finder" > Licensing Problems > I have lost one of my license activations and would like to have it reset

Margarita

Enrique Serrano
German to Spanish
+ ...
I need help with this issue May 8, 2014

Hello everyone,

I have a "SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance Plus" license.It was installated in my 2 PC. Both of them wer quite old: I have formatted one of them and I bougth another PC. I deactivated the license in both PC but I did not send any deactivation code to SDL servers... Now I am trying to activate my license in the new PC but I receive a message saying: ...is benn used in another computer. I am starting to despair!

I cannot see the " I have lost one of my license activations and would like to have it reset" in my solution finder. It is not direct under licensing problems.

I read in a different webpage: "Display the Product Activation dialog box. It is automatically displayed on the Product Activation page. Click the View certificate from last deactivation link." But there is any "Click the View certificate from last deactivation link"icon_frown.gif

Can anyone help me??? please

THANKS

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
How to browse to the license reset window May 8, 2014

Enrique Serrano wrote:

I cannot see the " I have lost one of my license activations and would like to have it reset" in my solution finder. It is not direct under licensing problems.

Go to http://kb.sdl.com/
Click the Solution Finder tab
Licensing problems
I use Studio 2011...
I need to have my license reset

Fill in the form. If you can't see the form, try a different browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox).

HTH,
Emma

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with deactivation of Studio 2011 license

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search