Thread poster: Hans Näslund

Hans Näslund
Sweden
Local time: 05:45
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 4, 2013

When I try to print the preview after finishing a translation in Studio 2011, I get the error message "text-decoration is a duplicate attribute name", and no preview is created, which makes it impossible to proofread the translation properly.

When searching in the Internet, I learned that an XML file cannot have duplicate attribute names, but that does not help me. What is the reason for this error in Studio, and is there anything I can do about it?

I should add that the origiinal is an InDesign file in idml format.

This is the first time this has happened to me.

[Edited at 2013-04-04 14:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-04-04 14:41 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

ErikAnderson3
Local time: 20:45
Time to get hacky -- use a text editor. Apr 29, 2013

Hans Näslund wrote:

When I try to print the preview after finishing a translation in Studio 2011, I get the error message "text-decoration is a duplicate attribute name", and no preview is created, which makes it impossible to proofread the translation properly.

When searching in the Internet, I learned that an XML file cannot have duplicate attribute names, but that does not help me. What is the reason for this error in Studio, and is there anything I can do about it?

I should add that the origiinal is an InDesign file in idml format.

This is the first time this has happened to me.

[Edited at 2013-04-04 14:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-04-04 14:41 GMT]

Your best bet is to 1) get the error details, looking especially for a line number, 2) copy the file (just in case!), then 3) open one of the copies in a text editor and go to that line number. If you can find the XML element that does indeed have a duplicated attribute, delete one of the dupes, save and close. Re-open the file in Studio and try to preview.

Hope that helps,

-- Erik Anderson

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Duplicate attribute name ?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search