Thread poster: Hans Näslund

Hans Näslund
Sweden
Local time: 01:13
Member (2004)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 4, 2013

When I try to print the preview after finishing a translation in Studio 2011, I get the error message "text-decoration is a duplicate attribute name", and no preview is created, which makes it impossible to proofread the translation properly.

When searching in the Internet, I learned that an XML file cannot have duplicate attribute names, but that does not help me. What is the reason for this error in Studio, and is there anything I can do about it?

I should add that the origiinal is an InDesign file in idml format.

This is the first time this has happened to me.

[Edited at 2013-04-04 14:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-04-04 14:41 GMT]

ErikAnderson3
Local time: 16:13
Time to get hacky -- use a text editor. Apr 29, 2013

Hans Näslund wrote:

When I try to print the preview after finishing a translation in Studio 2011, I get the error message "text-decoration is a duplicate attribute name", and no preview is created, which makes it impossible to proofread the translation properly.

When searching in the Internet, I learned that an XML file cannot have duplicate attribute names, but that does not help me. What is the reason for this error in Studio, and is there anything I can do about it?

I should add that the origiinal is an InDesign file in idml format.

This is the first time this has happened to me.

[Edited at 2013-04-04 14:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-04-04 14:41 GMT]

Your best bet is to 1) get the error details, looking especially for a line number, 2) copy the file (just in case!), then 3) open one of the copies in a text editor and go to that line number. If you can find the XML element that does indeed have a duplicated attribute, delete one of the dupes, save and close. Re-open the file in Studio and try to preview.

Hope that helps,

-- Erik Anderson

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Duplicate attribute name ?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search