Help, I can't retrieve a project in Trados Studio 2011
Thread poster: FFrio
Apr 7, 2013

Guys,
When I was translating a document using Trados Studio 2011, my computer shut itself down and when I opened the program again, I couldn't retrieve my current project, and the following message was displayed:

"An error occured whilst trying to determine the file version."

I tried to load another project document and it worked, but the 'Files View' didn't show it, so I couldn't edit my translation or turn what I had translated so far into a Word document.

My translation was nearly 80% ready and it is due to April 10th.icon_frown.gif

Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:53
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Have looked on your computer in documents? Apr 7, 2013

Outside of Studio, in Documents/Studio 2011/Projects - is your project in there?

Failing that, presumably it is all in the translation memory, so just create a new project and reload the files.

xxxStrastran
France
Local time: 15:53
French to English
+ ...
Reboot? Apr 7, 2013

I had this exact error last week and a reboot solved it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help, I can't retrieve a project in Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search