Help, I can't retrieve a project in Trados Studio 2011
Thread poster: FFrio
Apr 7, 2013

Guys,
When I was translating a document using Trados Studio 2011, my computer shut itself down and when I opened the program again, I couldn't retrieve my current project, and the following message was displayed:

"An error occured whilst trying to determine the file version."

I tried to load another project document and it worked, but the 'Files View' didn't show it, so I couldn't edit my translation or turn what I had translated so far into a Word document.

My translation was nearly 80% ready and it is due to April 10th.icon_frown.gif

Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:45
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Have looked on your computer in documents? Apr 7, 2013

Outside of Studio, in Documents/Studio 2011/Projects - is your project in there?

Failing that, presumably it is all in the translation memory, so just create a new project and reload the files.

Strastran (X)
France
Local time: 22:45
French to English
+ ...
Reboot? Apr 7, 2013

I had this exact error last week and a reboot solved it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help, I can't retrieve a project in Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search