Is Studio 2009 compatible with Trados 2007?
Thread poster: Johanna von der Vring

Johanna von der Vring  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:48
Member (2006)
Italian to German
+ ...
Apr 10, 2013

I have a problem. I have Stdudio 2009 since some time, but I did not use it a lot. Now I did a translation with Studio 2009 and I send it to the client. It is not compatible with the Trados version of the client. Now I have to do a conversion to make it compatible with 2007. I Anyone knows how to do it?

Direct link Reply with quote

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:48
French to English
+ ...
ttx Apr 10, 2013

Ask the client to send you a ttx version of the source file, then open the ttx file in Studio 2009. All the entries should be in your TM already, so it shouldn't take you long to process it again. Then save your target as a ttx file and return that to them so they can process that in 2007. The onus was really on them to have requested that in the first place, I feel!

XXXphxxx  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:48
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Or: Apr 10, 2013

Export the TM from 2009 as a tmx. Create a new TM in 2007, import the tmx and then run your document through that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is Studio 2009 compatible with Trados 2007?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search