Why is my TM not populating my target sentence?
Thread poster: Olivier Den Hartigh

Olivier Den Hartigh  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:39
Member (2014)
English to French
Apr 11, 2013

Hi everybody,
I'm getting very frustrated with SDL Studio Pro 2011.
I have checked a lot of options, lowered concordance search to 51%, but trados is not writing the sentence found in the TM into the target. I can see the concordance search found a sentence at 55%. Why? Does this have to do with auto-propagate? Trados 2009 would do it automatically. That's the whole point of a tm. Can anybody help, please?

Annelise Brincker  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Project Settings Apr 11, 2013

Hi Olivier

Have you checked batch processing under projedt settings. I believe there should be a point there called "Pre-translate files" for this to work.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Concordance and TM Lookup... Apr 11, 2013

... are not the same thing. Just because you found a match with concordance that is 55% does not mean that the TM lookup will consider it 55%.

Maybe reduce your TM search settings (not concordance) to 30% temporarily and see if the match is found and inserted then? The default is 70%. Of course depending on what you concordance searched for even 30% in the TM lookup might fail.

Also, does this consistently fail to insert matches from the TM or is it just for these ones?

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why is my TM not populating my target sentence?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search