TM upgrade
Thread poster: Elisabettav

Local time: 06:38
German to Italian
+ ...
Apr 12, 2013

I'm triyng to upgrade a Trados 6.5 TM to Trados Studio 2009 but I get this warning: the TM cannot be upgraded because Trados 7 is not installed. Is it true? It seems so strange to me that a simple Workbench TM with tmw extension cannot be upgraded to Trados Studio. Can you help me? Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:38
It's true... Apr 12, 2013

... you need to have SDL Trados 2007 installed to this if you use Studio 2009. This is one reason why SDL Trados 2007 was provided with Studio 2009 so users would be able to handle these formats.

In Studio 2011 you do not need SDL Trados 2007 installed for this because the necessary components are now part of Studio.

So you should have SDL Trados 2007 available to you and if you install it then Studio 2009 will be able to use it to upgrade the TMW.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM upgrade

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search