Trados Studio error: Filter definition file not found
Thread poster: Emily Marcuccilli

Emily Marcuccilli  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:42
Spanish to English
Apr 13, 2013

I wonder if anybody can help.

I'm in the middle of translating a lengthy document in Studio 2011, saved my xliff file to begin with, and have been saving frequently as I go along. Now, suddenly I am getting the following error message when I try to approve a segment:

The TM or TM container appears to be missing and may be deleted.

When I try to save, or save my Target I get this:

Trados 2007 Filter definition not found.

If I try saving the bilingual file I get another message saying that there was an error generating the xml document.

A complete nightmare! I would be very grateful for some pointers.

Many thanks,

Emily

[Edited at 2013-04-13 15:00 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:42
English
Something running in the background perhaps? Apr 14, 2013

Hi Emily,

A guess would be that either you have some sort of back up agent, or defragger… or something like this… and this is causing some locking on your machine that prevents the software from accessing the TM as you work.

Or, it's your Anti-virus software, where you just need to allow SDL Trados as one of the processes being monitored.

The sort of error you mention could be caused by one of these things. I think I'd try adding SDLTradosStudio.exe to the list of excluded processes in your AV software, and if this doesn't help perhaps you can send me a screenshot of your task manager so we can try an identify something that might cause a problem like this?

Regards

Paul

Emily Marcuccilli  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:42
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Problem probably caused by Norton 360 May 2, 2013

Thanks very much for your reply Paul. I appreciate your help with this problem.

Having read your advice, I believe that the problem was caused by Norton 360 running a "tune-up" whilst my computer was idle, just before the difficulties began. I have tried to follow your suggestion of adding Norton to the list of excluded processes, but without success as it isn't immediately obvious how to do this. I've submitted a support request to Norton, but have not received any response to date.

If you have any suggestions, that would be really helpful.

Many thanks,

Emily

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Just to confirm... May 3, 2013

Hi Emily,

You need to add Studio to Norton, not the other way around. Just wondered when you write "adding Norton to the list of excluded processes". Maybe this article will help : http://goo.gl/nKt6m

So try adding SDLTradosStudio.exe in there.

Regards

Paul

madrid78
French to English
+ ...
Adding trados to Norton does not work May 7, 2013

I have exactly the same problem. Can SDL offer any other possible solutions?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio error: Filter definition file not found

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search