You are approaching the licensed number of translation units (Studio 2009, freelance version)
Thread poster: Marianna Rollo
Marianna Rollo  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:33
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 15, 2013

Hi all,

Recently I have worked on a Trados Studio project using a server-based TM (Trados Studio 2009, freelance version). The server-based TM is hosted on the server of the translation agency that assigned me the job. They gave me a username and a password to connect to their server. When I open the package, the following message appears:

“You are approaching the licensed number of translation units (# of #). Please contact your SDL vendor for server extension upgrade."

What does it mean exactly? Does it mean that when I reach the licensed number I won't be able to work with server-based TMs? Is the server extension upgrade free of charge? I just worked on a couple of project using server-based TM (around 20000 source words) and it sounds strange to me that I am reaching the licensed number.

Thank you in advance for your support,

Marianna

Direct link Reply with quote

Grzegorz Gryc  Identity Verified
French to Polish
+ ...
No limits in the FL version... Apr 15, 2013

Marianna Rollo wrote:

(...) When I open the package, the following message appears:

“You are approaching the licensed number of translation units (# of #). Please contact your SDL vendor for server extension upgrade."

What does it mean exactly? Does it mean that when I reach the licensed number I won't be able to work with server-based TMs? Is the server extension upgrade free of charge? I just worked on a couple of project using server-based TM (around 20000 source words) and it sounds strange to me that I am reaching the licensed number.

The FL version itself has no limitations here, so don't worry.
The guys who have the server have a problem and should pay for extension if they want to handle more units.

Cheers
GG

Claudia Cherici  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Agree with GG Apr 16, 2013

It happened to me, too, working with an agency's server-based TM. They told me not to worry as they were negotiating an extension

Marianna Rollo  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Apr 16, 2013

Dear collegues,

thank you for your replies. I am happy to know that it's not a problem of my license. I am going to inform the agency about this issue.

Thank you again,

Marianna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

You are approaching the licensed number of translation units (Studio 2009, freelance version)

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search