Local time: 04:09
German to English
+ ...
Apr 16, 2013

Hi Folks,

Anyone experienced this issue?

I log in to:

https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/

The screen loads fine, and I see all the usual areas, My X and Y and so forth.

I then click on a link and immediately am asked to log in again. On this screen, the log in does not work.

I have enabled cookies everywhere and tried this on Chrome and IE (latest versions).

Any ideas?

UPDATE: OK, "My Downloads" works. This is pretty useless without "My Licenses", however.

Of course, I am only having to log in at all because SDL thinks I am stealing their software by moving it to my new computer, but there you go...

[Edited at 2013-04-16 13:03 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 05:09
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Seems to be a problem on ther end Apr 16, 2013

I tested this and can report similar results to yours. I did mange to navigate around for a very short while, and then was "thrown out" and asked to login again.

Edward edbradburn
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 16, 2013

Hi Shai,

Thanks for the info.

I also checked, and sdl.com has set 6 cookies and oos.sdl.com has set 2.

It seems SDL is unable to read its own cookies.

Well, the usual problems with SDL licensing continue... and of course precisely at the point in time I need to move my software.

UPDATE: Tried on Firefox, IE and Chrome. Giving up until tomorrow now. Nice waste of time that was.

[Edited at 2013-04-16 13:12 GMT]

Edward edbradburn
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Crazy fix Apr 16, 2013

OK, this is a pretty crazy fix.

If you access the support site here:

http://www.sdl.com/support/one-sdl-support.html

and then click "Log a Ticket", you are taken to a different login page:

https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/SDLLogin.aspx...

Once on this page, if you then log in, everything works as expected, i.e. your session "sticks".

This is the page you want:

https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/mysupport.aspx

I also noted that only on this page did Chrome ask me if I wanted to save the password for the page -- clearly this is not being triggered on the other pages.

Well, the workaround will do for me!

[Edited at 2013-04-16 13:22 GMT]

Israel
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Glad that you found a solution Apr 16, 2013

I assume that this is a temporary hiccup in their system that will soon be resolved.

You can use a Bookmarklet to save the password in webpages that have the the setting autocomplete set to 'Off' for the user and/or password fields (For security, and even convenience, reasons I also recommend using a password manager such as KeePass instead of the built-in browser password manager, but this is better left for a separate discussion).

Edit: what type of licensing issues do you experience? maybe the community here could help.

[Edited at 2013-04-16 13:36 GMT]

Edward edbradburn
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Licensing fine, it was the link that was the problem Apr 16, 2013

Hi Shai,

Oh, the licensing worked OK in the end (release on old PC, re-authenticate from the new PC).

It was the simple fact that I could NOT log in to see the My Licenses link.

The only way to get the session to stick (I assume stored in the cookie for the ASP stuff behind the page) was to go via the link I posted i.e.

http://www.sdl.com/support/one-sdl-support.html

Let's hope they fix it - without a license, things are pretty dire and I *think* (but am not 100% sure) that I have to use Studio for my TTX work from now on, since SDL Workbench 2007 has been retired. When I tried to release the license for that application I got an error message...

UPDATE: thanks for the bookmarklet tip, I wasn't aware it could be done. And something like Keepass is becoming essential as the number of "legacy" PCs I have starts to grow...

[Edited at 2013-04-16 13:42 GMT]

Israel
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Good to know that everything worked out fine Apr 16, 2013

In the last two years or so SDL has vastly improved the entire license returns and reactivation process, including their support. While I understand that they need to fight software piracy, personally I think that they should offer an easier offline method to transfer the license between computers or back it up and restore in case of a drive failure.
As with all softwares, in the long run anti-piracy mechanisms are usually hurting legitimate users more than than the pirates.

You can still use Trados 2007, it just means that they discontinued their support in it (patches, tech support (maybe) etc.). It will continue to function as long as you will work file formats that it supports. However, you can use Studio 2011 to translate TTX files just as well (it is a slightly different process to set up, but not hard by any means).

[Edited at 2013-04-16 13:55 GMT]

Edward edbradburn
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Alls well that ends well... Apr 16, 2013

Yes, the licensing itself certainly runs smoothly enough once the login works

A simpler method would of course be welcome!

And I'm certainly going to attempt the TTX-with-2009 route, since that also lessens the volume of software I need to run , which is always a good thing...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot log in (or KEEP login) on sdl.com

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search