Help: about the entity in ttx and xml files
Thread poster: Hectorg
Apr 19, 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm working in a localization company.
I now have a question about the entity in Trados, please help me if you know the answer, thank you!

I received some xml files to be translated from one client.
They compliant that the quotation in source file haS been changed to entity " in our delivery.

I did some investigate, and found that the quotation " will be changed to " in ttx file after pre-translate. (It still show as " in TagEditor, but if you open the ttx in Notepad++, you will see the entity).
I assume this should be correct, however, the cleanup seems cannot convert " back to quotation " in the target xml file.

I want to know if this is a issue and how to resolve it.
Thank you !

Direct link Reply with quote

Hectorg
TOPIC STARTER
is there anyone who knows the answer? Apr 22, 2013

Is there anyone know the answer? thank you very much!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help: about the entity in ttx and xml files

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search