"Excel has stopped working"
Thread poster: philwhite

philwhite
Local time: 15:24
German to English
Apr 19, 2013

Since installing the latest update to SP2R a couple of days ago, I get a message boc "Excel has stopped working" every time I prepare a project or open an analysis report, irrespective of whether there are any Excel files in the project. It doesn't seem to actually stop anything from working, but I constantly have to click it away.

Windows 7, 64-bit and Office 2010.

Does anyone have any ideas or the same problem?

philwhite
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Bump! Apr 23, 2013

Has nobody come across this? It is driving me insane. Every time I switch to a different analysis the message pops up, although I have not been using Excel, it is not running, and there are no Excel files in the project.

I really would appreciate some help here.

philwhite
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Bumped again May 21, 2013

I have now narrowed down the problem is slightly. It only happens when I switched to an analysis that was created using the "Report internal leverage" option.

Is nobody else having this bizarre behavior?

Anna Sarah Krämer Fazendeiro
Germany
Member (2011)
English to German
+ ...
Yes, when I run an analysis May 21, 2013

It just happens when I run "Analysis only". I then have to restart SDL to be able to save my report as xlsx. Annoying, but only a bit.

But I don't know why it happens.

Best regards,
Anna Sarah

philwhite
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank goodness! May 21, 2013

At least it is not just a quirk of my own system.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Excel has stopped working"

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search