2 problems and both have to do with SDL BeGLobal...
Thread poster: Linda Larsson

Linda Larsson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 07:56
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
Apr 20, 2013

I'm pretty sure.

Here's what I get:

When I try to save to target:
Failed to save target content: the hexadecimal value 0x1F is an invalid character. Row 1107, position 187.

On segments that BeGlobal has not offered any suggested translations, I get:
An error has occured whilst using the translation provider SDL BeGlobal Community: error in response: got seg. expected segment data (System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl)

I really need help before I have a nervous breakdown. I need to get this done!!

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Linda

Direct link Reply with quote

BeGlobal Apr 22, 2013

Hi Linda,

Did your problem get fixed in the meantime?

Do you have a Trados Support contact? you can always check here for answers online:
http://www.sdl.com/support/language-technology-products/trados-support-services.html

It may be that the internet connection was weak and so the call to Beglobal failed to be made..

I asked a colleague as well and he said :
"this looks like a Studio issue with the source document having non-printable characters. There is a setting in Studio to turn some of these characters into tags when creating the sdlxliff file, which should stop this error from occurring.

Hope this helps,

Raluca

[Edited at 2013-04-22 12:08 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2 problems and both have to do with SDL BeGLobal...

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search