Trados Workbench Toolbar has disappeared
Thread poster: Johanne
Johanne
Local time: 21:25
English to German
+ ...
Sep 15, 2004

Hello,
I am working with Trados 5 and Windows 2002. Today I worked on a text with many footnotes, with which I kept having problems (alt and no. didn't always work etc.). After one of the problems, my trados toolbar disappeared. Even after I reloaded Trados per add-ins, it did not return. I do get the little flagman, and when I click on it, I get the word "Trados", but not the icons.
All the other word toolbars are there. And I can use the keyboard to open and close etc. segments.
Does anybody have any idea what I need to do to get the icons back?
Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Rocío Boada del Sol
English to Spanish
+ ...
A possible option: Sep 15, 2004

In MS Word,try going to
View/Toolbar/ (I don't know if it is the right path, as my Word is in Spanish)
and select TW4Win

Maybe it is just that you have unchecked it accidentally...

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Check the Trados Knowledge Base Sep 15, 2004

Hi Johanne,
I am working with Trados 5 and Windows 2002.

Can you please be more specific as to your software versions?
- Which version of Trados (the full version, including the build number, please)?
- Which version of Word?
Windows 2002 doesn't exist... are you referring to Windows XP?

Today I worked on a text with many footnotes, with which I kept having problems (alt and no. didn't always work etc.).

Is this a help file (in RTF format)?
If that is the case, are you aware of special handling required with RTF help files? Check the workflow set out in the File Formats Reference Guide, which is available for download from TranslationZone.

After one of the problems, my trados toolbar disappeared. Even after I reloaded Trados per add-ins, it did not return. I do get the little flagman, and when I click on it, I get the word "Trados", but not the icons.
All the other word toolbars are there. And I can use the keyboard to open and close etc. segments.
Does anybody have any idea what I need to do to get the icons back?

Check this article from the Trados KB. Be sure to take appropriate precautions before editing registry entries.

HTH, Ralf

Johanne
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 16, 2004

Hello Ralf,
thanks for the suggestions. I had also found the text in the Trados KB and will try out their suggestions. I had hoped for an easier solution.
I might have to come back to you

Thanks
Johanne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Workbench Toolbar has disappeared

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search