Microsoft C++ Runtime Library problem with Trados 2007 - now cannot open Licence Manager
Thread poster: Paul Stevens
Paul Stevens  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:24
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 24, 2013

I have had a problem for some time opening Trados 2007, which is related to Microsoft C++ Runtime Library as, when I try to open Trados 2007, I get the message “This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information”.

Whilst this problem is not normally a major problem because I tend to use Trados Studio 2009 instead these days, I do occasionally get requests to provide bilingual files, hence requiring the use of Trados 2007. I have just received one such request, which I was forced to turn down because of this.

I know that Iouri Bibikov had a similar problem and, although he found a problem to his situation (see: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/244336-huge_problem_launching_trados_sos-page2.html#2102720), my problem is still unresolved. I have also tried various suggested fixes that I have found on google, all to no avail.

I therefore thought that I would try to unisntall Trados 2007 and then reinstall it and hope that this might solve the problem, but I need to return the licence to have access to the authorisation code to reinstall it and, when trying to return the licence, I find that I cannot even access Licence Manager now because of this issue!

Can anyone please help with either (a) the specific Runtime issue or (b) how I can contact Trados to enable me to return the licence, thus enabling me to have access again to the authorisation code to reinstall the program (Paul from Trados perhaps?).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Microsoft C++ Runtime Library problem with Trados 2007 - now cannot open Licence Manager

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search