French to Dutch
Apr 25, 2013

Dear all,

The document I want to align starts a new segment after:

Doc.
Parl.
nr.

(etc.)

So the alignment is ok after a normal stop, but not after those words.

Does anyone know where I can change this? I know it's somewhere in the Project settings (General - Source segmenation). But I don't know how...

Thanks!

Els

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxWim Roose  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 14:54
English to Flemish
+ ...
Create abbreviation file Apr 26, 2013

Hi Els,

Yes, that is possible.

Create a new text file (e.g. using Notepad). Put all abbreviations in the file (1 abbreviation per line). Change the extension of the file to '.abr'.

Now in WinAlign, in the 'General' tab of WinAlign Project Settings, click on the 'Source Segmentation' button. Click on 'User Lists...'. Click the 'Browse...' button and select the abr-file you created.
Make sure the file name appears under 'Name of file which contains the list of abbreviations'.

Click 'OK' until you return to the WinAlign Project Settings.

If you want the same for the target language, repeat the procedure for the target language.

Cheers,

Wim

Els Eerdekens
Belgium
French to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Create abbreviation file Apr 26, 2013

Dear Wim,

Thanks a lot! Your answer was very helpful.

I finally used Notepad ++ on the following website (second version) because I didn't find how to change the extension to abr. --> http://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.3.2.html

With this version of Notepad, I could choose the option save as "all files" and then I typed abr.

In fact, I'm aligning a French to a Dutch file. I have some more problems.

Do you think you can help me again?

I'm a new member of this forum. I will try to update my profile this weekend. Can I upload some print screens somewhere or can I send them to you?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Els

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Winalgin - segmentation

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search