term recognition ignores some terms
Thread poster: kafka399
kafka399
Local time: 02:45
Apr 26, 2013

Hi,
I use SDL Trados Studio 2011 and I have MultiTerm base attached. The problem is, that some terms are not recognized by Trados Studio Recognition function, nevertheless Term search finds the term. Any idea how to
fix it?

Here is a print screen: http://oi41.tinypic.com/34oasmc.jpg

Thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:45
English to French
+ ...
Bug Apr 26, 2013

Hi,

This issue has been discussed in previous forums, it's a bug.

Bernard

[Edited at 2013-04-26 17:55 GMT]

English to French
+ ...
TermInjector Apr 28, 2013

Hi,

Forgot to mention that you can use TermInjector - Download from OpenExchange to fix it.

HTH,

Bernard

kafka399
Local time: 02:45
TOPIC STARTER
TermBase vs TranslationMemory Apr 29, 2013

Dear Bernard,

Thank you for the answers.
Does SDL have a bug list, where I can see all bugs in one place and make sure, that mine is on the list?
I took a look on TermInjector, however I got impression, that it deals with Translation Memory. I'm new user of SDL software and can be wrong, but I understood, that TM and termbase are different animals.
Are you sure, that the bug which you mentioned before applies to term base as well?

Cheers,
D

English to French
+ ...
TermInjector Apr 29, 2013

TermInjector works with both the TM and Termbase for instance Create an exact match rule file, enter the terms in Notepad (tab separated) (source - target) or export your termbase as text (Catalog View, Select Text - Activate and Process) and open in TermInjector (Edit), make sure you save the file as UTF-8, default is ANSI in Notepad.

Not sure about the bug list.

Works perfectly,

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

term recognition ignores some terms

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search