Thread poster: Bodil Little

Bodil Little  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 17:15
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
Apr 27, 2013

Hi, I am hoping you can help me. I have been working for a couple of months on a project for a particular client. It keeps going on and on, and since I have other clients (who doesn't?) I need to stop working for that one particular client just for a while, so that I have a chance to service my other clients. Now, this one particular client wants my TM for the project. They are not supporting Studio, but use an entirely different system, but still wants my TM, so that another translator can take over from where I left off.

Now, I have been using my huge, private TM for this project. How do I export a TM from the project? I have no intention of handing over my entire TM, just what belongs to the project. How do I do this?

Thank you in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
how to do export a TM Apr 27, 2013

I presume you haven't got a project TM, which would only contain the segments translated in your current project. That would be the quickest solution.

If not, create a new TM and import your sdlxliff files into it. Then export it as a TMX, which is the format your client will need if he/she doesn't use Studio.

Or, if you've only been working for this one client recently, you could open your big TM in the Translation Memories window, and export segments filtering by "created after" and a suitable date. Best to do that with a copy of your TM.

If you're interested, you can read more Studio TMs in a blog post I wrote recently:
http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2013/02/27/update-tm/

HTH,
Emma

Bodil Little  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2002)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved - TM exported! Apr 27, 2013

Thank you SO much, Emma! Creating a new TM and importing my files from the project to it, and then exporting it, worked like a charm!

Again, I am really impressed with the help that you get on this site! This is not the first time I get help here. I am grateful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 - Exporting a TM from a project

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search