Studio 2011: how to undo the pseudo-translation?
Thread poster: Els Eerdekens

Els Eerdekens
Belgium
French to Dutch
Apr 28, 2013

Dear All,

I did a pseudo-translation (Project view > batch tasks > pseudo-translate) but I could not undo this batch task, even if I closed SDL Trados Studio 2011 and opened the project again for translation.

Does anyone know how I can undo the pseudo-translation?

Thanks a lot!

Els

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:43
English
Only way... Apr 28, 2013

... is to open the file and select all segments (click on the segment number on the top left then scroll down and whilst holding down the shift key left click on the last segment number) and then right-click to select clear target segments.

Or prepare the files again without using Pseudo-translate.

Regards

Paul

Els Eerdekens
Belgium
French to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Studio 2011: how to undo the pseudo-translation May 1, 2013

Dear Paul,

Thank you very much!

Els

ma1cius
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:43
French to English
+ ...
Avoid issue by creating a project with an additional language? May 28, 2013

It's too late once you've already pseudo-translated the project, but would it make sense to create the project with an additional language pair and simply run the pseudo-translate on that pair, so that the actual project and any TMs are unaffected by the pseudo-translate process?

Paul, is there any chance that SDL will implement a simple process to batch undo the pseudo-translate batch process in any forthcoming service pack, or alternatively for the pseudo-translate process to fork off from the project so it doesn't affect the files for translation in the first place?

I'll try to add this suggestion to the ideas site when I have a moment?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011: how to undo the pseudo-translation?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search