Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 01:44
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
Apr 29, 2013

Hello everybody,

I'm surprised that I can't find the answer in the existing threads or elswhere on the Internet. Am I the only one to experience that? Here's the problem:

Anytime I have a date in my source text (such as 29. April 2013 in German, for instance), Studio automatically adapts the target text with the French format including the weekday, so "lundi 29 avril 2013" (instead of just "29 avril 2013").

I've never done anything about that and I can't find where to change it. I do know where the date format option is, but it does not offer any mean to opt out the weekday, just the classical dd mm yyyy formats and so on.

Anyone got a clue?

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Project Settings Apr 29, 2013

Hi Sophie,

Project Settings -> Language pairs -> Auto-substitution -> Date and Times -> Long date is the default Setting -> change to Last entry in the drop-down list.

HTH,

Bernard

István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
Try this Apr 29, 2013

Go to Control Panel/Regional and Language Options(French)/Format/Customize Format/Date and choose another option.

Sophie Dzhygir  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you!!! Apr 29, 2013

Bernard, that's where I looked in the first place, but I already had the last option

István, you got it, your solution works! Wow, I'd never come to the idea that this is dependent on Windows and not Trados itself!

Many thanks to both of you!

Sandra& Kenneth  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 02:44
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
Thanks, István! Same problem in Studio 2014 Jan 29, 2015

It may be useful to add that this has to be repeated for each language variant you work in. The Trados date format (non-intuitive) procedure does not override the Windows setting for that language variant.

Sandra

[Edited at 2015-01-29 14:12 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Date format in SDL Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search