Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:43
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Apr 30, 2013

In Studio 2011 when the source segment is "1" Studio automatically puts "1." into the target segment. I de-selected number substitution in project settings under Auto-substitution, but it does not help. What else can I do? Why don't they leave these things alone?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:43
English
This is probably because... Apr 30, 2013

... at some stage you have confirmed a number into your TM as source: 2 target 2. for example. So now when Studio sees the 1 or any number on its own like this it will consider the number a placeable and add it with the dot afterwards.

Take a look in the TM results window when this happens and you will probably see a number in there... might be a 1 but it could be anything.

So you could delete that TM entry... there should only be one I think... and then this won't happen anymore.

Or, after changing the Project Settings try closing Studio and starting it again. Sometimes the change doesn't take effect immediately so this may help too.

Regards

Paul

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 16:43
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Restarting didn't help May 1, 2013

This applies to all numbers. Shouldn't the software follow the latest matches, so that earlier cases are eliminated? How else can we train it?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mad Number substitution

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search