Thread poster: Conor Murphy

Conor Murphy  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:16
Member (2010)
German to English
May 2, 2013

[This topic has been moved from Transators' Resources forum]

Apologies if this issue has been raised elsewhere.

I occasionally translate PowerPoint presentations using Studio. (Studio 2011 now seems to be able to handle these).

However following the translation I notice that some (nearly all) of the graphics have been changed (arrows made larger and boxes made smaller in this current case) and the text layout (e.g. line spacing) has also been modified.

Am I missing something? Should I be making changes to Settings to stop this occurring.

While Studio is indeed extremely useful, it is very time-consuming to have to go back through the PPT slide by slide and rectify the layout.

Any ideas anyone?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:16
English
Maybe this is a tagging issue? May 3, 2013

Hi,

Try pressing F8 when the file is open in Studio and this may find missing tags that you need to insert into your target translation from the source.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Powerpoint formatting issues with Studio 2011

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search