Thread poster: Doris Wolf

Doris Wolf
Germany
Member (2010)
French to German
+ ...
May 2, 2013

Hello,

Does anybody know what exactly this error message means: "w" ist ein nicht deklarierter namespace".
This always appears when I try to save my translation in Studio 2009 as target text. It is not possible, but I don't know what this message means. (The text is not very long.)

Thank you for comments!

Jan Willem van Dormolen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:36
English to Dutch
+ ...
Error May 3, 2013

Probably something went wrong when you installed the program, or a program file has become corrupted. Try reinstalling or repairing the program.
Alternatively, go to the SDL Trados website and search the KB for this error message. Usually you will find good answers there.

Success.

Doris Wolf
Germany
Member (2010)
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doesn't seem to be a general problem with Studion 2009 but specific May 6, 2013

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer.
I don't think that this is a specific installation problem because in general, I can save the target text without any problems. There is only a problem when I get a translation form one special client (The translation is in a package and I send it back in a return package which is no problem to create.) I should add that I don't have a lot of experience with Studio.
I will have a look on the SDL website. What does "KB" mean ?

Kind regards
Doris

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
KB... May 6, 2013

... stands for Knowledgebase. The url is http://kb.sdl.com/

I thikn it's possible that you get this error because this particular company is creating Word files with a more recent version of Word, or maybe on a MAC. This problem probably won't appear with Studio 2011, but if you are allowed to share the files I can test for you and see?

Regards

Paul

Doris Wolf
Germany
Member (2010)
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not allowed to share the files May 6, 2013

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your answer. I am sorry that I am not allowed to share those files. However thank you for your answer. I will ask the client.
If I have the same word version myself, won't the problem appear any more?
Thank you!

Kind regards
Doris

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Unlikely... May 6, 2013

Doris Wolf wrote:

If I have the same word version myself, won't the problem appear any more?

... because Studio works independently of Word wrt being able to process a file. You might try opening the file in your version first, saving it with a new name and then try processing that in Studio to see if it works?

Regards

Paul

Doris Wolf
Germany
Member (2010)
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I thought of buying the latest version of Word May 6, 2013

Hello Paul,

I will try as you told me to.
What I wanted to say in my previous message: Will the problem be solved as soon as I have got the most recent version of word on my computer? (I am going to buy it shortly because I will need it for different reasons.)

Kind regards
Doris

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with saving the target text in SDL Studio 2009

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search