Johanna von der Vring  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:54
Member (2006)
Italian to German
+ ...
May 6, 2013

Hi,

I client sent me a tmw Translation Memory, as I'm working in Studio 2009, I upgraded it.
In the end of the project the client wants the actualized TM back in tmw. How can I doegrade it again?

Best regards
Johanna von der Vring

Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Export as a tmx file May 6, 2013

Open the translation memory in the Studio 2009 translation memory window and then you can export it (File, export...) as a tmx file.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
You don't downgrade... May 6, 2013

... rather you export to TMX and then either send that to your client or create a new one in 2007 and import the TMX... then send your client toe TMW (plus associated files).

To get the TMX go to the Translation Memories View, open the SDLTM there and then right-click on it and select Export.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dowgrade Translation Memory from Studio 2009

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search