Trados 2007 Tag Editor with Word 2013: The macro cannot be found or has been disabled
Thread poster: Mpen
May 6, 2013

Hello, I'm using Trados 2007 Tag Editor with Word 2013. It worked fine for one document but now I'm getting errors in Word: "The macro cannot be found or has been disabled because of your macro security settings" when I open and "Compile error in hidden module MTInsertFunctions" when I try to close the document. This has also made it impossible for me to open the document in preview to run the spell check. I understand there may be some compatibility issues because this is an old version of TRADOS but I have a contract with a client that insists on receiving Tag Editor files.

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:50
English to French
+ ...
More Info Needed May 6, 2013

What is your OS? Have you installed a Microsoft Update recently?

Thanks,

Bernard

Mpen
TOPIC STARTER
Windows 8 May 6, 2013

I'm using Windows 8. I installed all the updates last week because it's a new computer but none since because that computer cannot be connected to the internet for security reasons.

English to French
+ ...
Win 8 May 6, 2013

Could you be more specific, is it a 64-bit or 32-bit OS, if 64-bit you can forget about it!

When posting about a CAT tool or other software program, include the product name, version, your operating system, and any other relevant details will avoid confusion and allow you to get or give better assistance.

Bernard

Mpen
TOPIC STARTER
It IS a 64-bit OS! :-/ May 6, 2013

Sorry, Bernard. I'm new in the freelancing business and I haven't got a clue what is relevant to the solution. Up until this point, all I've done is translate. I've never had to solve my IT problems before. Using this side of my brain is giving me a serious headache.

English to French
+ ...
MS-Word May 6, 2013

Same thing is it 64-bit or 32 bit if 64-bit it won't run as the Trados 2007 macro is 32-bit. If it did run previously, you must have changed something in the meantime.

Also, make sure that the .dot and dotm files are not both in the Startup folder (Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\Startup) if so delete the .dot file.

What really beats me is that some of you use the latest OS (Win 8) and Apps (MS-Office 2013) and still insist on using totally obsolete CAT tools (Trados 2007) when Studio 2009/11 can seamlessly handle such legacy files, let alone some OpenExchange Apps that can even improve your workflow.

Thanks for your input.

Bernard

[Edited at 2013-05-06 21:47 GMT]

Nina Elomaki  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:50
English to Finnish
+ ...
I had the same problem but it seems to be fine now Aug 7, 2013

Hi!

I've recently started using Windows 8 and Word 2013 and had the same problems. I tried lots of things, but it seems that removing the Multiterm template (Multiterm9.dotm) from %appdata%\Microsoft\Word\STARTUP\ has done the trick. Might be worth trying if you still have this problem.

Best regards
Nina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 Tag Editor with Word 2013: The macro cannot be found or has been disabled

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search