Autosuggest stopped working
Thread poster: Marinus Vesseur

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:24
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 7, 2013

I realise that this must have been the case for a while now, but I never noticed it, because the termbase keeps giving me its term automatically. I made a new autosuggest dictionary, to make sure there is one. That worked without a hitch.

The settings are okay: Autosuggest is activated and the Autosuggest dictionary is the first source in the list.

Any ideas?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:24
English
I'm not sure.... May 7, 2013

... what the problem is Marinus. You said AutoSuggest stopped working but then said you still get terms automatically. So do you mean that the resuilts from the AutoSuggest Dictionary are not automatically coming? I say this as AutoSuggest comprises three sources... the Dictionary, the termbase and the autotext.

So if terms are working but not the dictionary then perhaps you only added the dictionary in Tools -> Options so your existing Projects are not using it? If this is the case try activating your Project and then go to Project Settings and add your dictionary.

Existing Projects won't be affected by some changes in Tools -> Options.

Regards

Paul

Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 08:24
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
AutoSuggest Dictionary... May 7, 2013

.. is probably what I should have said. The autosuggest function per se works, because, as you say, MT terms keep being suggested.

Okay, so the project settings is where I must look. Indeed! No dictionaries added. That was a quick fix.

Thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Autosuggest stopped working

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search