https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/248428-autosuggest_stopped_working.html

Autosuggest stopped working
Thread poster: Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:00
English to Dutch
+ ...
May 7, 2013

I realise that this must have been the case for a while now, but I never noticed it, because the termbase keeps giving me its term automatically. I made a new autosuggest dictionary, to make sure there is one. That worked without a hitch.

The settings are okay: Autosuggest is activated and the Autosuggest dictionary is the first source in the list.

Any ideas?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:00
English
I'm not sure.... May 7, 2013

... what the problem is Marinus. You said AutoSuggest stopped working but then said you still get terms automatically. So do you mean that the resuilts from the AutoSuggest Dictionary are not automatically coming? I say this as AutoSuggest comprises three sources... the Dictionary, the termbase and the autotext.

So if terms are working but not the dictionary then perhaps you only added the dictionary in Tools -> Options so your existing Projects are not using it? If this is the
... See more
... what the problem is Marinus. You said AutoSuggest stopped working but then said you still get terms automatically. So do you mean that the resuilts from the AutoSuggest Dictionary are not automatically coming? I say this as AutoSuggest comprises three sources... the Dictionary, the termbase and the autotext.

So if terms are working but not the dictionary then perhaps you only added the dictionary in Tools -> Options so your existing Projects are not using it? If this is the case try activating your Project and then go to Project Settings and add your dictionary.

Existing Projects won't be affected by some changes in Tools -> Options.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Marinus Vesseur
Marinus Vesseur  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 23:00
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
AutoSuggest Dictionary... May 7, 2013

.. is probably what I should have said. The autosuggest function per se works, because, as you say, MT terms keep being suggested.

Okay, so the project settings is where I must look. Indeed! No dictionaries added. That was a quick fix.

Thank you very much!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Autosuggest stopped working

Translation news related to SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »