Why do I not see the modifications in concordance in SDL 2009?
Thread poster: Vincent Lemma

Vincent Lemma  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:31
Member (2008)
Italian to English
+ ...
May 7, 2013

Hi,
I appreciate for any incorrect terminology used, but after using SDL 2009 several years I still have to get a hold of all the terms used by the SW.
My issue is simple, I hope.
When translating and SDL offers a percentage match (mine is set at 70%) for a segment, the source window does not show me the differences to the text.
That way, I see the percentile match but I must read the entire source and target segments to determine what needs to be changed.
What's the deal here?

Thank you.

Vincent

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:31
English
Are you also using a Machine Translation Provider? May 8, 2013

Hi Vincent,

I have seen this happen with Studio 2009 when you use a TM and an MT provider. Try reversing their order in your Project Settings and then you should see the markup.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why do I not see the modifications in concordance in SDL 2009?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search