International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

Urgent - studio 2011: object reference not set to an instance of an object with TM
Thread poster: xxxMaria Kalous
xxxMaria Kalous  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Greek to English
+ ...
May 7, 2013

Dear all,

This is the first time I had this problem (and I hope the last). I had to uninstall trados studio 2011 today, and everything goes well with the installation. Trados opens a new text without a problem; however, when I try to load a TM it gives me the "object reference not set to an instance of an object" every time I move to the next segment. I have now uninstalled/reinstalled trados 3 times today to no avail!

I have looked through all the posts regarding this issue, but it seems that I cannot find the SDL file under roaming. When I go to C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming to find and delete the three troublesome files there is only a file for microsoft and nothing for SDL. I have clicked "show hidden folders" under folder view but nothing works. My OS is windows 7.

Please help!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Maria

Direct link Reply with quote

Reem Alkhoder

Arabic to English
+ ...
same issue ! May 8, 2013

I have the same problem and I'm using trados studio 2011 . I hope someone can help us

Thanks!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:36
English
Try resetting the view May 8, 2013

Hi,

When you have the Editor open try going to View -> Reset Window Layout. I have seen this correct a problem as you describe where you can't move to the next segment.

Regards

Paul

Margaret Stewart Fisher
France
French to English
Object reference not set to an instance of an object Aug 5, 2013

Paul's suggestion of going to View -> Reset Window Layout worked for me too, so thank you very much Paul.
Margaret

NJA
Denmark
Object reference not set to an instance of an object Oct 14, 2013

Thanks Paul - resetting the window layout also worked for me

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent - studio 2011: object reference not set to an instance of an object with TM

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search