Different formatting of fonts in same sentence, Trados Studio refuses to apply them
Thread poster: Kristina Wolf

Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 19:49
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
May 8, 2013

Hello,
I am working with SDL Trados Studio 2011 Freelance, SPR 2.
The document in question is a contract that has been reviewed and the client has inserted the new parts in a different colour and crossed out some parts which he still would like to see in the text.
When I translate I can see the different formattings clearly when pressing CTRL+ALT+arrow down, but whenever the sentence begins with a crossed out or an underlined section all the rest of the sentence will remain crossed out or underlined even when I change the style. It does change the colour, but not the underlining or crossing out of the corresponding section. Am very confused. Any ideas?
Thanks
Kristina

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:49
English
Tracked changes or formatting? May 8, 2013

Hi Kristina,

I'm only guessing here, and if you can share your file I could give you a better answer, but can you try pressing ctrl+alt+shift+F9 and see whether any of this formatting disappears? If it does then you are showing the tracked changes and you can apply the same tracked changes in the file by using ctrl+alt+F9 to toggle the tracked changes on and off.

You can also use the toolbar here:

Failing that feel free to send me the file if allowed?

Regards

Paul
pfilkin@sdl.com

Australia
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No tracked changes May 8, 2013

Hello Paul,

thanks for your reply. It's not tracked changes. I do have the Word document and can see it in there as well. A sort of workaround that I have discovered is that if I go back over crossed out sections and then apply the right formatting it does sometimes work, but even then not always and sometimes on the second attempt. Seems really odd. It also gives me a warning that the Tag Order in those sentences has changed.
Unfortunately I can't send the file.

Regards
Kristina

[Bearbeitet am 2013-05-08 07:03 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:49
English
In that case... May 8, 2013

.... try toggling the formatting with ctrl+shift+h and then you might see all the tags to help you place the formatting more efficiently.

Regards

Paul

Australia
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Paul! May 9, 2013

Thanks Paul,
that was a good workaround.
Regards
Kristina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Different formatting of fonts in same sentence, Trados Studio refuses to apply them

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search