Thread poster: VMTTRADUCE

VMTTRADUCE  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 00:31
English to Italian
+ ...
May 8, 2013

Hi people!
I'm experiencing a problem that I had with SDL TRADOS STUDIO 2009 and still have now that I have bought SDL TRADOS STUDIO 2011.
I work on an excellent HP laptop with XP OS and the Microsoft Office 7 package.
After installing Trados, if I simply open Word a window appears that says:

"Impossible to find or disable macro due to protection settings"

I have to click on the "OK" button three times to have this window disappears.
When I try to close Word, a very small prompt says "Automation error. Error not specify."
Just clicking on it closes Word.

BUT

When I am in Word, if I select (or sometimes even just pass with the mouse on) the Multiterm tab in the top band of the screen, the first prompt (the one about the macro) appears again and there is no way to make it disappear, even by clicling a hundred times on "OK". I must close Word with Ctrl+Alt+Canc.

Can someone tell me what's happening and how to solve this problem?

Thank you
Valeria

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Link May 8, 2013

Hi Valeria,

Try this link: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/222565-word_experienced_a_serious_problem_with_multiterm8dotm_studio_2011_user-page3.html

HTH,

Bernard

Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you and sorry May 9, 2013

thank you Bernard and sorry if you will find another message I sent just a few minutes ago... I didn't find this answer of yours until now. I'll try the solution. Hope it works. THANK YOU!
Valeria

Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved!!! May 9, 2013

I went through all the solutions suggested and eventually found one that worked! At last!!! Thank you so much, Bernard!! You made a translator happy today!
icon_smile.gif))

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

compatibility (?) problem between SDL TRADOS STUDIO and Microsoft Word

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search