Thread poster: VMTTRADUCE

VMTTRADUCE  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 06:39
English to Italian
+ ...
May 8, 2013

Hi people!
I'm experiencing a problem that I had with SDL TRADOS STUDIO 2009 and still have now that I have bought SDL TRADOS STUDIO 2011.
I work on an excellent HP laptop with XP OS and the Microsoft Office 7 package.
After installing Trados, if I simply open Word a window appears that says:

"Impossible to find or disable macro due to protection settings"

I have to click on the "OK" button three times to have this window disappears.
When I try to close Word, a very small prompt says "Automation error. Error not specify."
Just clicking on it closes Word.

BUT

When I am in Word, if I select (or sometimes even just pass with the mouse on) the Multiterm tab in the top band of the screen, the first prompt (the one about the macro) appears again and there is no way to make it disappear, even by clicling a hundred times on "OK". I must close Word with Ctrl+Alt+Canc.

Can someone tell me what's happening and how to solve this problem?

Thank you
Valeria

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Link May 8, 2013

Hi Valeria,

Try this link: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/222565-word_experienced_a_serious_problem_with_multiterm8dotm_studio_2011_user-page3.html

HTH,

Bernard

Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you and sorry May 9, 2013

thank you Bernard and sorry if you will find another message I sent just a few minutes ago... I didn't find this answer of yours until now. I'll try the solution. Hope it works. THANK YOU!
Valeria

Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Resolved!!! May 9, 2013

I went through all the solutions suggested and eventually found one that worked! At last!!! Thank you so much, Bernard!! You made a translator happy today!
icon_smile.gif))

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

compatibility (?) problem between SDL TRADOS STUDIO and Microsoft Word

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search