https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/248584-trados_studio_2011_term_recognition_suggesting_the_source_term_twice.html

Trados Studio 2011 - Term recognition suggesting the source term twice
Thread poster: Chiara Deaglio
Chiara Deaglio
Chiara Deaglio
Local time: 19:30
English to Italian
+ ...
May 9, 2013

Hi! I use just one Termbase for EN>IT, IT>En, FR>IT and IT>FR.

I just noticed that when opening a new Word file to translate it from IT to FR (and only in this combination) the term recognition suggests the same source word as a target word (i.e. a couple of identical words), as if it were able to recognize that a source word is in the termbase, but it gives the very same source word as a suggestion!

I tried to (sort of) change indexes in the termbase and to restard Tra
... See more
Hi! I use just one Termbase for EN>IT, IT>En, FR>IT and IT>FR.

I just noticed that when opening a new Word file to translate it from IT to FR (and only in this combination) the term recognition suggests the same source word as a target word (i.e. a couple of identical words), as if it were able to recognize that a source word is in the termbase, but it gives the very same source word as a suggestion!

I tried to (sort of) change indexes in the termbase and to restard Trados, but the problem is still there.

And it strangely happens only with IT>Fr files, and not with my other three combinations!?!

Any help would be much appreciated...

----------

I just solved the problem after many attempts: both indexes were set on Italian, and that is why the suggestion was the same as the source text. IT was the first time I used the combination IT>Fr, and evidently this was the default solution.

Problem solved.

[Edited at 2013-05-09 13:51 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 - Term recognition suggesting the source term twice

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »