Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 11:42
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
May 10, 2013

Hello,
I work with Trados Studio 2011 SP2, and everytime I use the preview button to view a document in Word I get an error message that the document can't be opened, because it is already being used elsewhere. When I confirm this I get the runtime error message and after confirming that, the document opens up anyway.
I have googled this and found countless comments re Word 2007, and maybe it's because I am quite tired, but I don't quite understand how to fix this problem in Word 20
... See more
Hello,
I work with Trados Studio 2011 SP2, and everytime I use the preview button to view a document in Word I get an error message that the document can't be opened, because it is already being used elsewhere. When I confirm this I get the runtime error message and after confirming that, the document opens up anyway.
I have googled this and found countless comments re Word 2007, and maybe it's because I am quite tired, but I don't quite understand how to fix this problem in Word 2010. The directories indicated in the answers don't seem to be the same as under Word 2010.

Kristina
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:42
English to French
+ ...
Task Manager May 10, 2013

Hi Kristina,

Go to Task Manager ->Processes -> WinWord.exe -> Stop process. This issue is caused by one of your plug-ins.
Open Word -> Word Options -> Add-Ins -> Go, uncheck all of your plug-ins and re-enable them one by one to find out which is causing the issue. In my case, it was Notes OneNote on Word documents, I disabled it and no problem since.

HTH,

Bernard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Runtime error 5995 in Word 2010 plus additional error message

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »